October 01, 2014

september favorites

I realize I haven't done a favorites in a while-- but it's probably because there hasn't been anything I've been really loving enough to share with y'all. This past month was different. There have been a lot of good things I've been loving and not all of them new. Some of them have been re-discovered in my beauty stash, read on to find out!


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and creamy concealer. Both I've had for and am really loving using both. I forgot how pretty the finish on the foundation is and how incredibly good the coverage is on this concealer, it covers like nobody's business and still looks very natural.


Can we first take a moment to give a nod to what this girl is doing with her makeup/hair/fashion game? It's hugely influencing a lot of the fashion world at the moment and it's no doubt she had a little influence on me. Because of this I had to pull out my Bobbi Brown lip color in Brown as well as my long-wear eye pencil in Mahogany to achieve a sort of Kylie Jenner inspired look. I added a mascara that I've had before and absolutely loved, but this time I got it in the waterproof version. I'll have you know my version is no where near as overdrawn and dramatic as hers, but a more wearable, simple version.


These cotton pads from Muji have made my nighttime routine much easier. Something about the square cotton pad is more absorbent (than a regular cotton ball) and makes removing my waterproof makeup that much easier.


I have been obsessed with this cami and would wear it every day if I didn't think my friends would look at me like I was disgusting.


The other item I've been practically living in is this hoodie from Mollusk Surf Shop. In my college days and even a couple years after I was all about wearing hoodies. Soon after that, I got rid of most all my hoodies and didn't go near one for a while, until this bad boy. The marled heather gray material, it's slightly loose, but not sloppy fit, and the sewn on captain steering wheel makes this the perfect throw-on cover up.


I've never been a huge fan of dresses, but immediately when I saw this one I knew it was love. I'm excited to keep wearing it through the colder months with tights and oversized cardigans.


I got the audiobook version of #GIRLBOSS and it was an entertaining book about how Sophia Amoruso, Founder and CEO of the ever popular Nasty Gal built her empire. With her unconventional approach to just about everything, she now owns one of the fastest growing women's retail companies and she started it all out of her love for finding and selling vintage items on Ebay. She's got a bad-ass attitude (which I think every entrepreneur should have a little bit of) and a lot of passion for the Nasty Gal brand. An inspiring and fun read that I'd recommend to anyone needing a little inspiration or motivation, not just in business, but in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment