October 22, 2014

big sur big love

The California Coastline boasts some beautiful views and Big Sur definitely has some of the best. Big Sur is such a magical place, I could return over and over. It's waters range from a beautiful aqua blue (you'd think you're somewhere tropical) all the way to the deepest, darkest sapphire blue. There's an enormous range of creatures to see from pods of whales and dolphins frolicking out of the waters, butterflies and birds freely flying, otters holding hands in the kelp and elephant seals barking in the distance. There's also the majestic redwood forests and relaxing sounds of waterfalls. Breathtaking sunsets. And you can't forget the sight of a billion stars at night.

We took a trip down the coast mainly because I wanted to experience Treebones, a resort where you can glamp, camp, or stay in a human nest all while overlooking the vast Pacific Ocean. Since I didn't get to camp this past summer, I took the opportunity to stay in one of their Sibley tents, already set up with a front row view of the Big Blue. It was amazing to say the least... my favorite parts being the incredible sunset, stargazing at nighttime, and waking up to that view. It's a place I would definitely return to and hope it's not long before I do.














No comments:

Post a Comment