October 02, 2013

levain cookie inspired recipe


If you've been to Levain in NYC and had their cookies, namely their chocolate chip walnut cookie, you know exactly why I dream of that cookie. Levain's cookie is probably one of the best cookies I've had (it's tied with Anthony's cookies in SF) it's no wonder I crave it often. This cookie is nearly perfection with it's crisp outer shell and ooey-gooey, warm inside. Imagine each bite filled with big chocolate chunks and the perfect amount of walnuts to complement. I researched online to find a copycat recipe and came up with this one. While it's not an exact match, it comes in really, really close and sure does satisfy any urge to hop on a plane just for a cookie. Eat them straight out of the oven and I swear you will want to eat another (though they're huge, as are the ones in NYC, so you probably won't). Once they're cooled, pop them in the microwave for 7-10 seconds and it's just like they came right from the oven.

I used pecans in place of the walnuts because that's all that was around the house, and I have to say, I think I almost like it with pecans better.

No comments:

Post a Comment