November 19, 2013

fall and winter fashion favorites

Fall and Winter Fashion Picks and Favorites

With the cold weather undoubtably here there are a few items that are (or will be) in rotation and will be staples for this season's wardrobe. I've chosen a few of my current favorites to share with you.

1. Long sleeve tops - Perfect for layering. Uniqlo's heattech is warm, lightweight, and good for layering, but just as good for wearing on it's own.

2. Rain boots - a comfortable pair of rain boots makes all the difference in keeping your toes dry and happy. There are always the good 'ol Hunter brand, but if you want to stray away from it's popularity, try the Kamiks. They are so comfortable, stylish, and come in a range of patterns and colors.

3. Beanies aka toques - I love me a good beanie. It keeps my head warm and adds an element of style to boring outfits. I love this cashmere one from Aritzia that I have in three different colors.

4. Scarves - Not just any scarf, a scarf so big it can double as a blanket. This one in blackwatch fits the bill just perfectly.

5. A super warm jacket - There's nothing worse than being cold, it handicaps me to the point where I don't like to do anything, so a warm jacket is essential. This North Face is lightweight, super warm, tailored for a woman's body, and can fold into a small pouch perfect for traveling with.

6. A versatile sneaker - It's important to have a sneaker that can carry you from outfit to outfit and still look stylish and put together. Jack Purcell's are my favorite for their comfort and simplicity.

7. Cross body bags - Cross body bags are good for all year round, but I find them especially good for winter. They are no fuss to just sling on your body and you can be hands free to either hold umbrellas or keep your hands in your pockets for extra warmth. This Celine bag is on my wishlist and can be transformed from a clutch to a cross body, but there are some really great affordable options here and here.

8. Leather Jacket - This is an essential for me. Leather jackets are perfect for layering, keeping the wind out, and can instantly make an outfit. My favorite that I've been wearing is this one from Mackage.

9. Ankle boots - I love ankle boots as a Fall and Winter shoe since they keep your feet warm and can be paired with dresses, skirts, jeans... basically any bottom you want to wear will work. I'm loving these and these.

10. Chunky, oversized sweaters - I love keeping cozy in oversized sweaters in wool or cashmere. They are easy to throw on and can look totally chic (versus sloppy) when worn right. ZaraMadewell and my favorite, Aritzia all have a great selection.

Check my beauty favorites for Fall and Winter here.

2 comments:

  1. <3 your fashion picks. I thought you might like this local designer http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great leather cuffs listed, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete