May 29, 2013

baked salmon with mango avocado salsa

I'm usually not one for eating salmon, but this time I tried it with a really fresh side to cut through any of that fishy-ness you can sometimes get with salmon (though I was lucky, this particular piece of salmon was super fatty and good). I cut up some mango and avocado, and added some cherry tomatoes in the mix for a little color and some cucumber for a little crunch. I made the salsa a bit chunkier than usual so it was kind of more like a salad rather than a salsa, but feel free to chop it smaller if you prefer. I also blended a little avocado, olive oil, tiny bit of water, fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper to make an avocado dressing to put on the salmon-- it was pretty good, but probably tastes better ice cold. I'm thinking it would make a really lovely base for salad dressing.... mmmm


Mango avocado salsa

1 chopped ripe, but firm mango
1 chopped ripe, but firm avocado
1/2 Hot house cucumber
Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
Lime juice to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment