May 26, 2013

grilled ginger-soy-lime shrimp

If you're looking for a last minute dish to grill up at home or bring to a bbq this memorial day, this dish is a real winner. Last weekend I went to the park with some friends and brought these babies to grill up-- they didn't last very long and were definitely a hit (for the sake of it being outside, I peeled the shrimp and left the tails on). I put them over top these yummy noodles, but made them cold instead of serving them warm. The whole dish was super easy to prepare and can be made the night before your bbq or event to make the day of that much easier.You can cook the shrimp at home, but I wanted to grill it because it tastes so much better with a little of that smokey charcoal flavor. For this memorial day, I'm doing it again, but this time instead of serving it over noodles, I'll be skewering them with bell peppers, onions, and pineapple and bringing it to be grilled (I'm anticipating that these will last longer since they will be skewered with other food). Can't wait! Happy Memorial Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment