May 14, 2013

homemade vanilla bean ice cream

I love making ice cream and with the weather warming up, what better than make a batch for Mother's Day! I've made a couple batches in the past-- four barrel coffee with oreos, salted ganache with almond brittle (inspired by this amazing ice cream I had in Portland), but never made a simple, classic vanilla bean. I decided to make it for Mother's Day and followed this sure-to-be-good recipe, and sure enough, it was delicious. My sister also decided to make an egg-free froyo following this recipe and it was so rich and so good. Instead of making a blueberry sauce we made a strawberry sauce which paired really well with the tartness of the froyo. I highly recommend making ice cream for dinner parties since it should be made at least a day ahead (less work the day of) and is just so special when made at home that it's sure to impress your guests.

Leftover vanilla bean
Lemon frozen yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment