April 17, 2013

homemade pretzels and cheese dip


Making pretzels at home is fun and easy, considering the wonderful payoff you get in the end- delicious, fresh, warm pretzels that are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. I used this recipe which turned out really great. I rolled out some of the pretzels so they were thinner, resulting in a more defined shape rather than puffy and fat (like the pretzel in the back in the photo above). I also made a dipping sauce since I love to eat my pretzels with cheese, but I must say, yellow mustard is also pretty good too. These would be fun to make for a potluck or party, namely the superbowl. You know what I'll be making next year. :)

Already risen dough

Rolling out the dough

Pretzels with egg wash and salt sprinkled on top

Finished pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment