April 10, 2013

homemade asian soy milk


Regular soy milk is not my fav, but asian soy milk, well, is a different story. I really like asian soy milk-- the flavor is different from normal soy milk found at grocery stores in the cartons. It's nothing that I can really explain or put into words... if you haven't had it, you definitely have to try it. There's one restaurant in San Francisco that I visit on occasion mainly for their noodle dishes, but I always make sure to get a glass of soy milk too. I decided to try making it on my own, how hard could it be? Turns out it's super easy (I used this recipe) and now I can enjoy it whenever I want. Besides being able to have it whenever I want, there are also a few other perks to making it on your own (as is with making anything homemade, I guess). It's inexpensive, you can control the amount of sweetness you add to it, and control what kind of sweetener you want to add (sugar, honey, rock sugar, etc). I've been enjoying it over the past couple of days both warm and cold and you can guarantee it will not be the last time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment