September 19, 2013

fun with friends pt. 2

Wilfred dress, Nine West shoes, David Yurman ring, handmade silver bracelet, Zoya polish in Maura
Photos by Marie

As promised from last week's post, here is part two of my collaboration with Marie. Take a peek at her other interests aside from photography and makeup artistry at her blog over here and read on to get a little more personal with her.

What is the main inspiration behind your blog?

I wanted my own creative space. I wanted a a place to shared anything that inspired me. I always carry a notebook with me where I wrote notes about everything - fashion, beauty, travel, sketches, just about everything. My blog is a more refined extension of this. It incorporates all of the things that I love or am inspired by.

As summer is coming to an end and Fall is approaching, what are you going to miss most about summer and what are you looking forward to in the Fall?

Summer is my ultimate favorite so when it's gone I miss everything about it. I love being out in the sun. I think the beach is my favorite place to be. I love summer "no make-up" makeup, summer wardrobes and summer excursions. While I have a difficult time letting go of summer, I do enjoy the wardrobe transition into Fall. Fall clothes are always fun. 

What are the must-have beauty/makeup items you cannot live without in the Fall?

I can't live without mascara. Right now I'm wearing L'Oreal Paris False Fiber Lashes in Black Lacquer.

A strong lip is on trend for Fall so I would revert to my favorites for this - MAC Red and Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop.

I haven't worn black eyeliner all summer so for Fall I think I'll put it back into rotation. My favorite for this is Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Liner in Black Ink.

What do you think are three essential items every woman must own?

A black blazer. You can pretty much wear this with everything - shorts, jeans, slacks, dresses…..

A little black dress. I don't think this one needs much explaining. It's been a wardrobe staple forever.

An investment piece. I, personally, would choose a bag - something with classic lines and couture construction. Over the years I've moved away from feeling like I needed to stock pile hand bags to wanting to simplify and take it up a notch.

If I could add one more it would a perfect white tee, which I am still in search of.

No comments:

Post a Comment