September 26, 2013

concrete jungle where dreams are made of

A little over a year ago I had the pleasure of visiting New York for the first time and it was more than I had imagined. A city bustling with crowds of people, radiating non-stop energy, and with food that leaves lasting impressions. Here's a snippet of our time there, but please forgive me as I don't have too many food photos to show-- I was too busy eating.

Luke's Lobster, lobster roll. Amazing.
Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
The Highline
9/11 Memorial
The building of the new WTC
Of course, Shake Shack
View of Chelsea from the Highline
Some Cali-style cusine at Westville
View from Top of the Rock on 9/11

Here's my list of must-visit places when in NY (as if you need another suggestion or recommendation on where to go in New York, right?). At the end of the day though, there's just too much to eat and do in one trip. I'll be back for you, New York.

Eats:
- Cafe Orlin - Brunch that I can still remember
- Luke's Lobster - Succulent hunks of lobster in a tender, light roll
- Levain Bakery - One of the best cookies on Earth
- Sockerbit - Swedish candies. Totally for the gummy connoisseur like myself.
- Caracas Arepa bar - Go for a late night snack and get an arepa
- South Brooklyn Pizza - Best pizza ever, ever, ever
- Shake Shack - Enough said
- Mast Brother's Chocolates - Such cute packaging on their chocolates
- Westville - Fresh ingredients made simply
- Totto Ramen - I much preferred this to the ever popular Ippudo Ramen
- The Halal Guys - Yes, it's as good as everyone says it is

Activites:
- 9/11 Memorial - For a piece of history
- The Highline - Lovely urban stroll on an old railroad track turned "park"
- Chelsea Market - Reminds me of San Francisco's Ferry Building and right below The Highline
- Grand Central Terminal - So New York
- Brooklyn Flea - Fun place to walk around and possibly pick up some unique, small finds
- Brooklyn Bridge - A fun walk from Brooklyn to Manhattan or vice versa
- Broadway - Go see a Broadway show, just go
- Times Square - Just to sit in the middle of and experience

No comments:

Post a Comment