July 09, 2014

you make me feel brand new

Yes folks, I turned that ugly orange "thing" into a usable modern ottoman! It was by far the biggest project I have worked on to date and my first reupholstery project. I found this thing at a random garage sale for $6 and boy, did I not know what I was getting myself into. I had no clue what this project would entail, especially because of the piece I had chosen. Let's just say it wasn't the easiest first upholstery project to start with, but I'm so happy that I finished it and it didn't turn out to be a complete disaster! I spent a good amount of time prepping this thing by ripping, stripping, and prying off any material and (excessive) amount of staples that had been put in this thing. Then, much of my time was spent making a pattern, measuring, sewing, re-measuring, and re-sewing until everything was right and I was able to put the whole thing together. It was definitely a time consuming project, but in the end I was so happy with the finished result. Although there are some things I probably screwed up on, the important thing is it's functional, way easier on the eyes, and I learned a whole lot through the process of doing it.

If you're interested in finding out exactly how I reupholstered this, leave a comment below and I'd be happy to add detailed instructions on how I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment