January 30, 2013

lipstick addict

When it comes to makeup, my routine is pretty much that, routine. My eyes may get a wash of a neutral shadow, definitely some black liner (on occasion I'll switch it up and use a deep orchid, mahogany, or dark, almost-black navy), and lots of mascara. I'll go through waves with my blushes- I'll use the same one for a while and then move on to something else in my arsenal. While everything else pretty much stays the same, the one thing I love changing on a consistent basis is my lip color. I love how it can transform a look. I can be wearing a lace top, add a dark red lip and all of a sudden it becomes a little more vampy. I can wear a t-shirt and jeans, throw on some bright pink and it becomes playful. You get the idea. My lipstick repertoire has gotten a little out of control over the years, but through it, I've discovered some really great favorites, shared below by color category. I'd love to hear what your favorites are!

Neutral
  1. Bobbi Brown Beige - The perfect there-but-not-there nude
  2. Bobbi Brown Brown - A nude with a hint of chocolate
  3. Tom Ford Cocoa Ravish - That polished, "grown-up" lipstick everyone should own
Pink/Coral
  1. Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Crystal Pink - A light, pretty pink
  2. NARS Niagara - The perfect coral
  3. Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural N31 - Bright hot pink
  4. YSL Lip Stain #15 - A long-lasting, glossy stain in a bright, juicy pink
Orange/Peach
  1. Makeup Forever #39 - A light pastel peach
  2. YSL Rouge Pur Couture #13 - A satin orange-red
  3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Jenna - A modern orange-red
  4. MAC Morange - True orange
Red
  1. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Red Carpet - A bright, matte red
  2. NARS Cruella Lip Pencil - A deep blue-red in a jumbo pencil
  3. Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Moulin Rouge - Satin cherry red
  4. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #39 - Like a good red wine
Berry/Fuchsia
  1. Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Blue Raspberry - An everyday, wearable berry
  2. NARS Lip Pencil Never Say Never - Limited Edition, matte purple berry
  3. NARS Funny Face - A punchy, bright fuchsia
  4. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Crushed Plum - Opaque plum
  5. Dior Rouge Dior #862 - Dark like bordeaux
Lip Care

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm - Fave, fave, fave

No comments:

Post a Comment