June 19, 2013

asian style steamed fish


I la-la-loooove asian style steamed fish, but I normally only have it when I'm either eating at a Chinese restaurant, or dining with my grandma. Since these aren't as frequent as I would like, I decided to finally do it on my own (this is actually the very first time I've done a whole fish all by myself). I'll admit, I was a bit nervous at the market-- I used to go with my grandmother to Chinatown and get the live fish where I would see them "bock" (as my grandmother says it) them on the head to kill the fish, but this time I was by myself. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating, but let's just say I stood there a while looking at the tanks deciding what to get (I think somewhere in the back of my head I was also putting off my decision so I didn't have to see them kill the fish). Next time it will be much quicker. I love that asian steamed fish is healthy, delicious, and really quick to cook. I used this asian steamed fish recipe which turned out fantastic. I'm already contemplating next time... it'll be a little black bean, soy, garlic, ginger... yum, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment